So far I have given two talks during the past two weeks and I still have one more to go. This Friday it ends. i can get back to blogging. But before I go, I have to let you know that I was tagged by Bug Girl. It’s time for the 6 random things meme.
The rules are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
So here we go…6 random things about me:
1. My undergraduate degree was in neuroscience and not in neither entomology nor ecology. I became interested in insects, bees in particular, during a post graduate summer internship.
2. I can blow air out of my eyes. I can also drink stuff and have it come out of my eyes like tears. I have not done the latter in a while, but I still do the air…my husband finds it creepy.
3. I have a pet chinchilla named Blinky, who has been with me for the past 13 years.
4. I am a big Simpson’s fan. All of my dogs are names after Simpson’s characters:
Hoju is short for Homer Jr. a name Homer says in the Monorail episode.
Barney, Homer’s drunk friend.
Kodos, the space alien.
Maggie, the Simpson baby.
5. I don’t catch insects for fun anymore. I only catch and keep when it is necessary for research. I just feel bad catching and keeping just because I think they are pretty. I would want others to enjoy their beauty.
6. I dressed up as Yoda for Halloween when I was in first grade.
Here are the 6 tags, which are creative tags (photographers, writers, dogs that can write funny blogs, etc.):
2. Sam Bissell
5. James Viscosi’s Scribblings (don’t let Dennis copy your answers!)
See this as a way for us all to get to know each other better.